Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reviews Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner


Dyson DC25 Animal Ball Technology Upright Vacuum  YouTube
I love my Dyson Animal. I was flabbergasted at how much fur and hair this machine sucks up. I have three northern breed dogs and I have long hair. The first time I ran this Dyson DC25 Animal Ball machine I pulled out 12 canisters of hair and dirt and I had just vacuumed with my old Kirby machine. 

After several months of using this I get about 1/2 to 2 canisters worth of hair out every other day. My allergies and my dog's allergies have subsided tremendously! My house has a cement slab as a floor so I need the carpet to keep the house warm. Thank goodness the Dyson Animal can keep my carpet free of debris and hair.

I love that the canister keeps the dust and odor confined. With my old Kirby you could see the dust floating around (even with a HEPA bag) and smell the doggy odor. The Dyson Animal vacuum is terrific and the ball feature makes it so easy to maneuver!!! 
  • Upright vacuum cleaner with Dyson's Ball technology for smooth steering
  • Designed for homes with pets; motorized brushbar; mini turbine head
  • Telescope Reach wand; Root Cyclone technology ensures no loss of suction
  • HEPA filter; certified asthma friendly; hygienic dust bin; on-board tools
  • Measures 12-1/5 by 15-2/5 by 42-2/5 inches; 5-year warranty
As most have stated, this Dyson DC25 Animal Ball vacuum has a lot of suction (more than any other vacuum that I've ever used) and the suction doesn't drop off as the vacuum fills. When the filter (pre-motor filter, filter A) gets clogged, it will lose suction and it will make the motor overheat.

Although I vacuumed regularly, the previous vacuum was clearly not doing a very good job. It was only removing the material from the top surface of the carpet. It was like I was vacuuming pure sand/silt. In less than 5 minutes, the canister was filled to the max line.

After filling the canister to the max line several times, the vacuum began to lose suction. After removing the pre-motor filter, I could see that it was very dirty. Any slight movement of the filter would result in a huge dust cloud. After cleaning the filters, the vacuum again worked as it should.

The Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner  unit is very light and is a beautiful piece of engineering. All seals tighten up snugly during operation, and the suction is very strong. The switchable electric beater bar is excllent, and this unit handles transitions from hard surfaces to carpeted surfaces better than any vaccuum I have used over the past 30 years.

The unit is well balanced for carrying when using the collection bin handle as recommended. Other bagless vacs we have used have allowed a lot of dust and pet hair to make it through to the pre-motor filter(s). Not so with this unit.

After many hours of use, only a small amount of very fine dust has collected on the washable cloth pre-motor filter. Dyson recommends rinsing this and the exhaust filter every few months. I can now get my whole house vacuumed in about 15 min where before it took about a half hour. If you have animals (and or a significant other ;)) I highly recommend this model. O and the cord... I have no idea what people were talking about the cord is ~24 FEET long!! How much longer does it need to be??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment